September 30, 2009

Memories

I remember weird things. And I think of them all the time. Like

1. I remember my mom telling me that she doesn't spend more then .20 cents an ounce on cereal. I use this as a bse for our purchases. I remember standing in food for less, searching the endless options of cereal, and her making this statement. Now I think of it every time I buy cereal. wow.

2. I remember my dad's constant Model Home comment. I only really remember him coming with us on one. But I distinctly remember him giving his opinion. The distance between the garage and kitchen needs to be minimal. Why? Groceries. the end.

3. I remember Tessa and I laughing at the tv guy saying "please try to find the humor in this". It still makes me laugh. I do say it almost all the time.

4. I remember David's advice about rounding that corner on Clayton Road, just beyond Peacock Ridge before there was a light there. Just as you get up that hill, you can speed cuz the cops won't be there till Marsh Creek. (the school).

Weird that I remember those little things. But it still makes me chuckle. And it still affects my days. Happy.

4 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

aw! your family is so cute!

Lesley Wright said...

Leave it to David to know where the cops stake out.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Do I get a point for already knowing odd memory #2?

I spoke with Mark and rumor has it that I only get you Friday this week. Tuesday is mutual and Thursday A-dubya is home. Bummed out. I'm ready for Kaylinn time NOW! You can always come over after mutual. ;o)

The Kammeyers said...

Oh, for precious! :) I love great memories! Thanks for sharing!