Sunday was Malissa's birthday. As a surprise, Tom flew in and Mike came down after I practically begged him to. We had dinner at Tortilla Joe's over in downtown Disney and then the next day headed into LA to have an afternoon and dinner at the home of some of Mal's dear friends. Can I just say---I was next door to Casey Affleck, and I'm pretty sure Ben and Jen stopped by since it was Sunday, and I'm pretty sure I was sort of a stalker and peered into their open garage. The home we stayed at was beautiful and historically charming. Built in the 1920's with all the Hollywood history to make my history heart flutter. Wally gave us a marvelous tour with the detailed stories of the old house and the updates and the old owners. It was as magical as an ice cream parlor. (and if you know me, thats a really big deal!) We were fed non stop with delightful cheese and bread and chips and pigs in a blanket and of course a full meal to boot. Such a glamorous birthday hoo-ra-ra! I need friends in Hollywood.
The boys stayed with us. They all bonded with Little Big Planet and Plants vs Zombies.
3 comments:
GOOD LUCK! You will do awesome and if I ever ran a half-marathon (that's what 13.1 is right?) then I would TOTALLY get personalized shirts!!! Love it!
So glad to hear that someone else feels the same way about their in-laws as I do mine. So many friends have in-law "problems" but I have told people many times we both hit the "in-law jackpot" too. So funny that we use the same phrase!! Good luck with your run...keep us posted:)
Oh my goodness, I am jealous you got to spend a delightful afternoon in a luxurious Hollywood Hills home - As you know, I love all things famous! :) (How cool that you were right next to Casey Affleck's digs! Fantastic). Anyway, glad you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment