August 5, 2010

A touch of Wright

Oh how I love my family. They are just the roots of me and all that is good. I love how when we get together we laugh at just about everything and mom is in bliss. It is fabulous. We went to the Calavaras Redwood trees to camp for a few days and had a lovely time. I had forgotten how huge these trees are. The kids especially had a great time running through the hollowed out trunks and the around the huge trees.
Please don't forget:
-The Amazing Race-Season 2: Mom and I did it for the second time. Some things were a little different with larger teams and more stops. We had them swimming for puzzle pieces, eating ice cream, searching the stadium seats, and collecting cans to name a few. The boys won but only by a hair. Another great memory maker.
-The camping trip detour to Walgreens/Target: we realized fairly quickly that we needed to purchase water and a few forgotten items before we headed into the forrest; therefore a quick stop to Walmart was planned while passing through Stockton. If we had only known this little detour would have taken an hour! We were all a little uptight (except for mom who was in vacation mode) when we finally settled down to Chiptole for dinner - 1.5 hours later we were back on the right road toward the campground. The VERY NEXT TURN, we passed a Kmart. Nice!
-Chipotle eventually turned into Chipootle - for the rest of the trip.
-Charades: what a riot. we couldn't get what everyone was doing. My favorites was when Dave drew washing a fliter and Lesley and I could not get it. The Dennis Rodman choice probably created the most laughs-I was chewing gum and slapping my arms and chest to show the tattoos intermitted with spikey hair motions-back to the bouncing ball gum chewing motions. Lesley got it really quick-because naturally it was Dennis Rodman. Dave still thinks I was trying to dance.
-The kids in the dirt - DIRTY! There was no hope.
-The river-we swam upstreem to the giant boulders that we use to jump off as kids. Dad showed us how so we knew we could do it. Tessa and I started and a few of the onlookers soon joined in. I can't lie, it made me smile that we had started it. A very fun trip floating down was probably the best part.
-Rice Krispie Treats-amazingly delicious. Probably ate too many.
-Thrifty Ice cream cones-3 stories high. A definate tradition. And why stop at 2 scoops when you can have 3!
-Mercer Caves-we were a little timid to take those little kids down so many steep steps. And they were steep! But the stalagites and stalagmites were amazing. Mark said Mt. Timps were better but I was quite impressed. Plus this one comes with Gold Mining history...bonus!

I so love my family. And we're quite a good looking bunch if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

Looks like fun! Nothing like getting together with the whole family. Can't wait my own Ricks togetherness next week! Hopefully I'll see you while I'm home.

The Kammeyers said...

Great post, Kaylinn! How awesome that you were able to camp at the Redwoods! That's one place in Cali I've never been. Aaron & I will just have to come visit you guys sometime this next year, and stop by there on our way home. :)

Anyway, Happy Friday to you! Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!

Heidi Prince said...

love that all the wright girls are wearing hoop earrings...was that planned??

Lesley Wright said...

So I don't remember the gum during charades.
Such a fun time we had. PS The Amazing Race was the best. I am glad I got to be in the race this time. Next time it is your turn to be in the race :)