August 24, 2010

Lunch


I feel like Lunch is the worst meal of the day. At home I usually want to skip the meal entirely and go straight to snack. Why you ask-No good food. I have never been real good at the packing lunch bit either. Ever. At work, I'm sort of afraid to use the community fridge for weird reasons, and not too keen on using the microwave in the kitchen. Nothing germ-aphobe like; more like don't-talk-to-me-I-want-to-still-be-in-my-cubical like. Don't ask.

Consequently, I pack fairly boring lunches in an effort to be healthy and yet satisfied yet not re-heating or having to be chilled. Then, lunch time hits and what I've packed sounds not so good anymore or isn't enough to fill up a fly.

This usually results in my craving kicking in. This is another weird thing about me. I'll go through craving phases. I remember each of them so distinctly. When I was a teacher I went through the Jack in the Box phase, the Vons Bagel phase, the Taco Bell phase followed shortly by the Sweet n' Salty Almond bars. Recently it has been the Baskin Robin phase and now the BofA cafe Panini phase.

Then the worst thing happens. The crave stops tasting good and I'm back to boring useless lunches; like oatmeal; or a yogurt and a piece of fruit. Sure it fills me up but I wish something better was sitting in my stomach. Sadly I am at that junction now. I need to be excited about my lunch. I need something delicious yet convenient. What I need is a lunch revolution where there is good healthy packing food for lunches only.

The End.

And for the record, have I mentioned I miss teaching yet. Because I really do. I think about it everyday. I loved my job. And I miss it terribly.

The End. For Real.

4 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Lunch is my favorite meal, but alas, I do not have fridge & microwave hang ups. Even though I did get my lunch stolen once from the fridge at work. I was pregnant too, so I REALLY needed that food. I started leaving a note in my lunch. "Don't eat my lunch, I'm pregnant and need this food for my baby." HA HA!

Madisen Wright said...

that is such a great shot of your lunch...it looks really yummy. i wouldnt want to use that fridge or microwave either...Julie

Anonymous said...

hahaha....this makes me laugh so much!! I totally understand the whole I don't want to use the fridge or microwave bit. Sorry, you miss your job. I hope you can start teaching again soon!

The Kammeyers said...

Hehe. I remember going to work with you at La Sierra & you packed yogurt and apples for us for lunch! (Definitely healthy, but I recall we were both starving by the end of the work day!) :) Love the little glimpses into your life, Mrs. Morrell. Always a pleasure!