August 20, 2010

Agency


One of the greatest blessings of mortality is the right to choose for ourselves what kind of people we want to be. So I wonder where in the spectrum of life do thieves find their actions justifiable. Last night we had our garage broken into. Both cars were searched and everything inside was taken from them. Thankfully the items taken were all replaceable so no real physical damage is done. Just the inconvenience of replacing the new Registration tags I just got yesterday for my car, the iPod, an empty purse that I really liked, sunglasses that were from Target I'm sure, and the garage door opener. The opener is a cause for great concern as now we have to get everything re-programed so whoever has our opener doesn't have access to the house when we are away.

Anyway-it is such a disturbing thing; having your belongings taken from you. It leaves you feeling so violated and unsafe. I am such a different person because I would feel sick every time I used that iPod, or put those registration stickers on my car. Hey, where did you get those neat sunglasses...I STOLE them right out of someone's car that was parked in their garage in the middle of the night. Really people? So ten points to us for not being thieves and having a conscience.

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

oh my goodness! that is AWFUL! I would feel so violated. Good thing they didn't take the cars, I guess, right?

Heidi Prince said...

that is terrifying! :(