August 11, 2010

School Days

Today is the first day of school at La Sierra High School...and I'm not there. Weird. This is actually the first time IN MY LIFE that I have not had a 1st day of school. And I miss it. Not in a can-I-go-back kind of way but a that-was-a-good-time kind of way. And I did look in the school website to see the name of the individual who replaced me but they haven't updated their site so...my name has not yet been replaced; which is nice.

I guess this is a cheers to me for finally getting beyond the "first day of school" phase. I feel kinda bad for the future kiddos, I'll be "schooling" them from birth. :)

As a completely unrelated side note: today is also my Dad's birthday. I wonder if birthday's are celebrated in Heaven. You know, like hey-you got your mortal body day? I don't know. But mom's made his favorite cheesecake dessert and Mark and I are headed to the temple. So I feel its a good celebration here. 'sigh' - I miss that man!

2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

Just checked your blog & wow - some lovely new posts to catch up on! Enjoy the upcoming Autumn... It will be completely Homecoming/assignment-grading/any high school-related activity free. :) Big Hugs, girl! Great chatting with you last night!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I always love when you ponder what your Dad is upto in Heaven. I don't really contemplate it that deeply and I like it when you do. Hope the day was special.