January 11, 2010

My favorite sentences:

I have the students write "Daily Questions" at the start of each period. There are all kinds of names out there for this activity--Bell Work, Starters, Warm Ups--you get the picture. I require they write in complete sentences and explain themselves. 2 word answers aren't good enough.

Mostly they are about what we've learned or are going to learn, but with the winter break just passed, last Monday I asked them what their favorite part of Break was. Here are some answers (copied exactly):

--Partyin' hanging out with my step sistas
--I got alot prezants
--Wii wet to disneyland and it waz fun
--I got to sleepin everyday and do what ever I want all day till night
--It's cause I wanted a no routine time so it was better to just to do something at any given time.
--We just hanged out
--The best part of my Break was not wacking up early
--going to Barns & Nobles becaus I got to red my favorit mangas.
--I was bored and then I went shoppin.
--My favorite part was I got to go outside.

I couldn't choose a favorite in these could I? I love that the gaming system went to Disneyland, and the boy who went outside because apparently he never gets to go outside. And the Sistas...precious

7 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

oh my!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is...WOW!!

Heidi Prince said...

hahaha. that is amazing. you're right, it's hard to choose your favorite sentence!

Lesli said...

Reading that list is definitely the funniest thing I've done today. What a crack up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Love it! LOL times 3!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.