January 21, 2010

Celebrity Obsession

What is it about Celebrities that entrances me? While in Provo, we would go to the Sundance film festival to catch a glimpse. I turn into the paparazzi in Disneyland in a moments notice if they are sighted. I choose the longest grocery line to read as much of US Weekly without having to purchase it. I watch their "reality" shows to see what is going on in their lives, and Biography by A&E is uber interesting! Yesterday when the sky was falling, the usual programs were cancelled to show the ongoing weather talk. I was distraught!

I'm just saying...perhaps the extensions of Kate Gosselin, the love life of Jake the Bachelor, the babies of the Kardashians, the break up/make up of Brad and Angie, Tom Cruise's Scientology and whether or not Katie is happy and how much money they spent on their kid isn't that big of a deal. Or maybe it is...I saw Celine Dion in Disneyland. What if one of my students becomes famous...oh that would be magical.

1 comment:

The Kammeyers said...

Haha. Seriously love this post! And I love that the "we" who ventured to Park City for our annual Sundance tradition was you & I. Delightful! :) Let's not forget our celeb sighting of Sean Astin that first year! Hehe. We may or may not have watched Rudy when we got home. :)

I need to catch up on Jake the Bachelor, though... Oh my gosh, that show is soooo addicting!