January 17, 2010

Mary Poppins

For Christmas Mark got us tickets to see Mary Poppins in LA! What a delightful evening we had. I was surprised at how many extra songs they had put in the play as well as the way they told the story; a little different from the classic Disney film. But it was so great to get to spend an evening with my husband.

A few things to remember about the evening:
--I feel the most stressful part is parking. Anytime I'm going to a highly attended event, parking stresses me out. Especially if I have never been to the venue before. I love a well marked parking structure!
--The family of 25 that filed into our row just before we did. Climbing over them was awesome.
--According to US Weekly, TomKat were there the night before. Blast-just missed them.
--I'd like to say that I'm a "theater snob" and that I simply won't go unless we have good seats. However, our poor pocketbooks won't allow for this and I'd much rather go! So I guess I'm not a snob. I just like going to the theater. We rented binoculars to see the faces of the actors better and it turned out to be a good investment.


We sure love going out together. Especially love live performances. Just such a great bit of life we all get to enjoy!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is my all time favorite show (and I am a theatre snob)! I saw it twice when I was living in London. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and got to spend some awesome time with your husband all in one! Yay you guys! Your blog is always fun for me to follow. :D

The Kammeyers said...

Great post! Also, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who gets stressed during crazy parking situations. I have 5 words for you: Aaron, Parking, Sundance Film Festival! :) Lol. Oh, how I love my hubby! Anyway, glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins! We really need to go back to the Tuacahn Theatre in St. George someday, as it was so much fun seeing Annie with you there!