August 24, 2009

They Found Me. I Don't Know How, But They Found Me

Well, after a great 4 months of being the Sunday School teachers for the 14-15 year olds, and for the most part flying way below the radar, they finally found me. Yesterday I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency. It is going to be a challenge for me in a couple of ways, but mostly in the fact that my schedule just changed to permit Kay and I to spend more time together, and now it feels as though that may be taken away again. Also, I am one of the youngest guys in there and have no children, I feel like I should be taking advice from all of them, not the other way around. However, we trust the Lord had his reasons and that it will be more of a blessing for us. It was very hard to say goodbye to our little class which we love a lot, but we hope to be able to make a difference.

The Half-Marathon: Could possibly be the end of me. We went bright and early Saturday morning for an 8 mile run, which by the end Kay appeared that she was ready for another 8 miles. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go walk around work for the rest of the day. My poor wife had to deal with my grumpy attitude during the entire run, which resulted in her thinking I was mad at her when in all reality, I just hurt everywhere. But I have decided that what the run really boils down to is having the right mindset, so I am going to try and do that. I must also remember that Kay is my motivation, this is one of her life goals and I want to be a part of it.


Speaking of Kaylinn, she is still as amazing as ever. I wish I knew how I could fully express my love for this wonderful woman. She truly is everything to me. All I want to do is spend time with her. Even when I want some "me time", it always turns into "we time" because I just cannot get enough. I hope that I can continue to serve her the way she serves me. I LOVE YOU! MUAH!

5 comments:

The Ross Family said...

Hey don't stress about the calling. Cory has been in the elder's quoram presidency, 1st counselor, since we moved to Washington. 3.5 years now and it is not too time consuming. You will be great in there. Maybe they need someone to lighten the mood a little bit. That role you will take perfect. Miss you guys tons. Lots of love

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Aaron will help where he can. I promise.

As for Kaylinn, you are right! She is amazing! We're so glad you guys are a part of our ward & among our friends.

Brandon and Lesli said...

What sweet words - I'm kaylinny's friend and love catching up on you two's life. My guy talked me into a half marathon this last spring - what we do for the ones we love:) If I can do it, anyone can.... good luck!

The Kammeyers said...

In concur. Kaylinn is one in a million! :) GREAT picture, I might add! I'm definitely a fan!

The Kammeyers said...

Oops... I meant, I concur! Lol.