August 11, 2009

Man vs. Ocean (Part 2)

True to our "repeat date" offense, with Mark's old friend Theron in town, we opted for a beach trip! Saturday isn't always the best day for a beach trip but we managed to get a sweet parking space and then worked the system to end up paying half what the state beach price is! Someone has good parking karama...I'm just saying.

The boys were super into boogie boarding! I felt real cool since I had to give them a few tips on how to do it right! Thanks to my dad for teaching me. After imparting my knowledge, they were quite the experts themselves and rode the waves for hours. Finishing off our day with a stop at Ruby's on the pier. (again for delicious shakes that add to our waistlines) Still not sure how it counts as a company expense on Theron's part, but I won't complain.




We're surely getting in the beach as many times as we can before the warm weather ends. We went again on Monday, with the youth on Wednesday, and with Trent this coming weekend. NICE!

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

That's why you live in SoCal, right? Make the most of it!

The Ross Family said...

So i think we are going to plan a trip next summer to come and see you. I miss the beach terribly and want to go somewhere that the water is warm. And there is so much to do there. We will talk about that as it gets closer!!! Love you and wish i could get all those beach trips in with you!

The Kammeyers said...

Cheers to the beach! Have fun this weekend on your next beach extravaganza! :) Love ya!