August 25, 2009

Teaching Funny

During 4th period, Martin returned to school after his absence yesterday. Our conversation went like this.

Martin: I wasn't here yesterday. What did we do.
Mrs. Morrell: Ah, yes. You weren't. Nor were you here the day before that! Or the day before that!
Martin: Wait...(look of confusion)...yes I was. Yesterday was the only day I ditched. (pause...realized what was said) I mean, missed? [please note: he totally made the inflection like it was a question. Which was even funnier.]
Mrs. Morrell: I love that you just admitted you ditched my class. [insert laughter] Now I don't have to find your make up work!

It is so much easier when they admit their negligence rather then me having to look it up! I laughed. I was actually referring to Saturday and Sunday. His mistake!

4 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You are GOOOOOOOOD! :o)

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

Sneaky, sneaky! You should work for the Government, and I should take notes! Please come & visit again - I commented on your comment, citing that if you don't leave your purse at Yogurtland when you come, your mum need never know you were there...

The Kammeyers said...

One word: Hilarious!! :)