August 27, 2009

Overturned Leaf

Is it possible to overturn your "new leaf". And how often can one get a new leaf to turn cuz I'm pretty sure I've reached the max.

1) Running: I really do like to run. I enjoy the fresh air, and the quiet and the good old fashioned "work out" feeling afterword. I like it so much I signed up to run a Half. But for whatever reason the motivation factor is struggling. I find that more often then not I have to talk myself into it, usually resulting in a lost battle. This in turn results in a promise to "turn over a new leaf" and be better for the rest of the training. Can I do this every week? It is not going well.

2) "Diet": I use this term loosely because I don't really ever say I'm dieting but rather being more careful and aware of what I am eating so as to stop this feeling of expansion. And yet, once again, my determination last until about noon when suddenly I stop trying. Terrible to say that "tomorrow I'll start".

3) Professional Dress: At the beginning of the year I set a goal to dress professional everyday except Friday through at least October. I made it 10 days. That is almost like October right? 10th month...10 days. Same thing.

4) Thursday meetings: Being that I have just come from another worthless meeting, I find that my feelings of "team player-dom" and "just do it" are struggling. Alas, I haven't had to re-turn this leaf yet but after an hour long meeting covering items such as the new stores opening in the mall, which malls in the area are the best, the new menu at Starbucks, and the fact that the word habitual has the word "***" in it makes it fun for the students. Really? What bothers me most is we all say we want to make a common assessment for midterms, and we say we are going to all submit questions and then nobody ever does. I volunteered to type up and format the midterm with the combined questions and no one submitted questions. We spent (I kid you not) TWO MINUTES looking over what I had done and that was IT! The rest of the time we wasted. Call me what you will, but I'm struggling finding a purpose for my attendence.

On a better note:
  • I started using Teleparent to contact parents about their kids and tutoring options
  • It's payday
  • The Dragon for Fantasmic is fixed and in the show again.
  • Mark is going to take me to the park to ride Haunted Mansion before it has its Jack Skeleton remake for the Halloween-Christmas junk.
  • I can run 8 miles and still feel good about life.

4 comments:

KBlack said...

Hey there! I found your blog through Sara's. I'd have to say that even though I don't know you all that well, I think you're pretty great. 8 miles is great!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

The lackof productivity in those Thursday meetings is even irritating to me & I don't have to attend.

The Kammeyers said...

So, I know I've been lame in Blogging Land when I check your blog and find that I have several posts to catch up on. :) Happy to read all the updates, as usual! Cheers to 8 miles! You've earned splurging on treats now & then when you can easily run 8 miles, right? :)

P.S. I still think it's funny I had that dream I ran a marathon. I mean, seriously, I love working out... but not necessarily running. The best part about the dream was that I was all nonchalant about everything... "Oh yeah, I'm running a marathon today. No big deal." Haha.

Lesley Wright said...

Even though you aren't running every day you stilll can run 8 miles. There aren't a lot of people who can say that. I for one. I can't even run a mile so great job on that one. I am with you I hate the word diet. I like to think of it as changing my eating habits. Which I am still trying to do. Professional dress for 10 day is good. I am sorry that Disney is changing the Haunted Mansion but good thing you get to go see it before they change it.