July 13, 2014

Sister's Summer Challenge

 I love goal setting.  I love self improvement and self reflection and self mastery.  AND - I love lists.  This makes goal setting my kind of thing!

However, usually when the summer hits, I feel hot, and grumpy, and lazy, and boring and all my "new me" ideas seem to get lost in the "how low can I set the A/C" thoughts.  Tragic.

Solution? The Sister's Summer Challenge.  My sister's and I started this last year with the goals to be more healthy, be more active, and be more involved as mom's.  And you know what? It worked. So, this year - we are back on the train and so far I am LOVING it.  We have a list of things that we can get points for completing daily, weekly, or monthly. (hence the more recent blogging)  Spiritual things like read your scriptures 15 minutes or write in your journal/blog/scrapbook a moment.  There are physical things like drink 100 oz or more of water, physical activity, and no junk food.  And there are mom things like read to the kids. It really is doing it's job at making me have purpose and focus during the weeks.

What's the reward at the end? Well, I am self motivated, so a reward doesn't really entice me much.  We have lofty goals of planning a Vegas reunion again if we all master 90% and loose 6% of weight.  We'll see if that works out though.

And so, to echo Elder M. Russell Ballard - I am throughly excited to master these goals and be able to look back at this summer and see a great difference in the results!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Love. I used to think goal setting was overrated. Then I read Gretchen Rubin's "Happiness Project" and my whole perspective changed. Hope the summer is going well!!