July 27, 2014

My Buddy


As all babes do, this lad is growing up.  He is so much fun to have around, I thank the Lord everyday for blessing me with him.  We celebrated his 2nd birthday at the beginning of the month, and although it was a very small affair, he sure hasn't missed the fun benchmarks that at 2 year old displays.

- In a big boy bed! And loves it so much.  He is an abnormally perfect child in that he never climbed out of his crib, and now he doesn't get out of his bed until Mom or Dad come to get him.  He will pop out for a moment to get more books, but then jump right back in.  It's funny to go in before we go to bed and see him riddled with books all around, fast asleep.  Darling.

- Picky eater!  I am lucky if I get anything healthy down his throat. I even tried to trick him with the gummy vitamins. Nope; he is not interested. Next step, juicing.  I'm going to win this battle if its the last thing I do!

- Prefers a shower over a bath.  Really? How is he getting so grown up.  He likes to stand in the water, especially with it pouring right on his head.

- Talks up a storm; and learns new words every day. Right now, we are trying to un-teach "Holy Crap" and "mine". It's a bit tricky.

- Loves the Disney Jr. app. Especially Big Block Sing Songs.  And will often be excited about Little Einsteins.  Loves the Pirates song, Small World, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, and "mommy's song" from Toy Story.

- Calls everyone "friends". He rarely knows anyones name but always will yell over to them, "hey friends..." Loves his Nursery "friends" (teachers), and the neighbor "friends", (mostly their backyard play set).

- Enjoys errands. Will often ask if we are going to "Costco?" "Target?" "Grocery Store", or "WalMart?" Goes to show where we spend most of our errand time.

- Is a fan of reading books, scripture time, school time & his school mat, cars, outside, park, bike rides, splash pad, nursery, coloring, puzzles, his brown shoes, and pirate shirt.

Couldn't be more in love with this little boy.  So grateful the Lord blessed me to be a momma!

No comments: