December 15, 2013

Ranting and Raving

Rave: Internet Shopping. This is such a great luxury in our generation of time. I am so much in love with getting a whole list of shopping complete during one nap time. Most of the items are shipped without cost, I can get exactly what I want, with a million color options, all in one place. I never have to worry about them being out of stock of my item, going to 3 different stores to find it. It's just an awesome example of the modern age.

Rant: CALSTRS. The required organization where my retirement money was kept during my teaching stint. I have been trying to transfer the funds to a different investment and they can not get it right. It's been just shy of a year now. Wow.

Rave: The 2014 Mormon Mommy Planner. Click right about here to see the marvelous planner that I CAN. NOT. WAIT. to use. It is so organized and clean with all the color and cute fonts a girl could want. I open it and stare at it's brilliant pages every day. Again, can. not. wait! Bring on the new year - I'm going to be crazy awesome!

Rant: HOA. I have never really liked the idea of an HOA, and now that both live in one, and own property in another one, I am having a hard time being okay with this association and their claims for a better community. It seems like a lot red tape and rules for property that I own. If I want to put a shed up to store my gardening supplies, I should be able to do it by the mere nature that I own the backyard and it's a free country. But no, I must clear it with the HOA and the neighbors who will be affected with the sight of it. Grr!

Rave: My coworkers and the job that I have are fantastic. I work with some awesome women who are funny and kind and just really cool to know. I have been blessed to work from home for these 18 months that Cameron has been around, and I couldn't have been more blessed.  Recently, the company reorganized, and my position was dissolved for now. I know I had it good and have been so blessed to be associated with such great people.

Rant: Bank of American Fork. People - get your website working better. Please. I get so frustrated when I have to sit forever to wait for the page to load, only to have the internet tell me that your server isn't responding...again! Just fix it please so I can pay my bills online and balance my checkbook the moment I sit down to do it.  Not within the hour. thanks.

Rave: I'm on a doTERRA kick. I have been loving their oils for all their medicinal purposes. I believe there is a time and place for doctors - don't get me wrong. But there is something really awesome about some of the healing properties of these oils. I'm really loving Breathe right now, and OnGuard. Awesome.

Rave: Maxi Skirts. These are awesome. I am fighting the culture of my county to wear these skirts to every function, but come on - they are basically sweat pants in a skirt form. And -bonus- they come in every color and fit every shape. Hello winter body!

Rant: It is COLD! and the infamous inversion layer is gross. Please do not mistake me, I love this weather. Seriously, I love the snow; I think's its beautiful and peaceful and winter. But, the inversion is nasty; it smells weird, it clogs the air, it clogs my pours; gross. And it is cold-for a long time cold. 7pm is our high and that is only 12 degrees. Cold mornings and evenings are fine by me, but at least 30 during the day would be nicer.

2 comments:

Wendy Reves said...

I love doTerra too! I recently just started using them and am in love!

Lorie S. said...

This is so great! You make me laugh. Isn't there a post not too long ago about a clothing shopping spree you went on and you were. pretty sure you weren't going to join the maxi skirt trend? :) Glad to see you've come to appreciate them. I don't have a maxi skirt, but I definitely have a few maxi dresses. Also, HOAs, we made sure to buy a house without one, they annoy me too!