I have a love of school. Most nights, my dreams are in a school setting with either me as the student or the teacher. I reflect back on my high school teaching days fondly. I collect teaching materials like a hoarder for "one day" purposes. I love school. So when the opportunity for me to work as a co-teacher at a local preschool was made, I jumped at the chance. Plus, I have dreams of having a Mommy's Little School with Cameron one day. 

Being in the class with these kids has been super fun, and a huge learning curve for me. Going from High School to Preschool was a bit of a jump. :) Some kids are beyond awesome at following directions, sitting still, listening to stories or lessons, and just being in a learning environment in general. Other kids are off the wall! It is good for me to see the affects of parents who are involved and those who are not at such a young age. Oh how I have high hopes for my boy.
I can't say that I don't have my favorites - I totally do. But as a high school teacher, I totally had favorites as well. (Disclaimer: favorites did not affect anyones grade - just to clear the air) So I'm not surprised. I am excited to see Cameron's little personality when he is of preschool age.
As the semester has progressed, I find that I am more excited for Christmas Break than I thought I would be. Although working has been fun, it has been a little stressful for me too. I've been working the morning class which takes a toll on Mark's schedule as he stays home to be with the lad. I am falling way behind in my chores, and my hobbies have taken a back seat which makes me sad. So - I think I'll have to move on after December and catch up on my life come January. But it has been a really fun ride!



No comments:
Post a Comment