December 10, 2013

A Day of Thanksgiving

It had been well over 6 years since Mark has been able to spend a Holiday season with his family, so upon moving to the area, it was an unsaid agreement that both Christmas and Thanksgiving would be spent with the Morrell's. We celebrated Thanksgiving like most people do, with lots of sitting around and socializing, too much delicious food, and naps all around. 


I was responsible to contribute the rolls and the Candy Yams. The rolls were gone by the time the day was over, the only sure test that they were good. Passed! We played games. Uncle Tom is the master of all things games, so we were introduced to a few new ones that we liked, and some that we took half a game to understand. Malissa made the darling Turkey candies from Pinterest; Cameron had it all over his face in seconds; mamma didn't raise no fool. And the weather was perfect that we were able to get a few runs around the front yard before the sun set. 

I have so much to be grateful for; a list wouldn't scratch the surface. But I recognize that I have been blessed and express my appreciation to my Heavenly Father for all he has sent my way.

No comments: