December 7, 2013

No Place Like Disney

I almost feel like writing a blog about yet another disney trip is a little unnecessary.  Y'all get the point right? We drove, we played, we ate, and we came home. I played Midway Mania - and scored higher than the other players in my car, we saw Mickey, and made our usual rounds around the park. And loved every moment of it.
 Cameron is now old enough to really have changed the dynamic of our park going adventures.  Being that we went solo this time around, we didn't have any families to pawn him off onto so Mark and I could ride bigger rides.  Thus, our day was full of magic with Cameron. And he just loved it! He took to the characters amazingly well. Would run right up to them, and then stop - to touch fingers with them, or point out their nose. Hey, at least he didn't cry. His favorite ride seems to still be the carousel. And is now old enough to ride by himself. He seemed to like Pirates by our 5th ride. And would enter the line saying, Yo Ho - unprompted I might add. Be still my Disney heart! The Disney Junior show was also a thrill for Cameron. Mark loved watching Cameron get really into the puppets and songs with the rest of the children there. So very cute.
 The park closed early being that it was the off season, but Disney did grace us with a Fireworks show and some "snow" for our liking. I had arranged to see 2 of my all-time Favorite students from my La Sierra days. They were brave enough to come out and see their old Teacher, and spend an evening with me. I still think they're fun kids, and am lucky that I got to teach them for 4 years.
We managed to stumble on Santa, quite unintentionally and made the effort to get a Santa photo op with the lad. Mark captured the moment perfectly! Maybe next year Santa, but can I put in a word for my son? He has been grand this year, and wants cars. Preferably the ones where you push the drivers head and it zooms off. Cameron did take the candy cane without hesitation, and for that I think Santa might have a chance at winning him over one day.

I wondered what a Disney trip with just the 3 of us would turn out like, but I must say - it was magical to the last drop. I did learn a few things I didn't know before. (1) The Dole Whip dessert is way over rated and I will not be wasting my time in line, or my money to be getting one of those again in the future. No offense to the lovers of the Dole. (2) We waited in line at Jungle Cruise for a good 30 minutes, only to see that we had another good 30 minutes before we were close to the boats. We bailed. Later learning the cruise was Christmas themed. Drat. (3) We didn't go into Tommorwland once, and I didn't miss it. (4) I tripped and scuffed my knee pretty bad - the ladies in the First Aid were super nice, and I expect a "get well" card from Mickey with all the info they took. (5) Cameron is half way to the proper ride hight. Almost there. And yes friends, this will be the last Disneyland vacation post of the year!

No comments: