October 19, 2013

New Hair

I am pretty excited about fall finally making it's way to Utah.  Fall has been so beautiful and crisp - all the things that I just love about this season.  I have been thinking for quite sometime now, that come the fall, I would change the color of my hair.  And by "quite some time" I mean, several years now. I always knew that I wanted my cousin to do it for me, being that she is just really good at hair, has blonde hair naturally herself, and is my muse in hair life. Conveniently, we were going through that part of town on our way up to Yellowstone National Park. The timing couldn't have been more right, and the change more perfect.

I have found that I have to reintroduce myself to basically everybody - but it is exactly the look that I was going for. I have been blonde my entire life - except for that one summer when I decided to be a redhead.  It was just a college phase that ended in pink hair for the summer. What a mistake! But this - this is nothing like that and I am so excited about it.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my roots so that I don't look like a scary granny when the blonde grown in and looks gray! Love it!


---
An unrelated side note about my neglected blog.  I'd like to say that I've been too busy, or that I don't have much to blog about. But neither are true.  I've been lazy.  But - these past few days I have been working really hard on catching up my family yearbook and am so glad that I do have phases when I am diligent at keeping this current. It helps me remember trips and moments and photos. It help bring a little life to my books. And it helps me keep all things in chronological order. So - I've planned to get in at least 6-8 posts before the end of the month.

1 comment: