October 22, 2013
What happened in Vegas
I could not have been more excited for this year's Sister's Weekend; a tradition I hope sticks for the rest of our years to come. Jennifer must get the props for hosting this year's event, and Vegas was a perfect choice as it was fairly easy for everyone to get to and had too many things for us to do. It was awesome.
We came in at different times on Thursday evening. I was elected to be the driver of the group being that my home was just 6 hours from Vegas. So I got the blessed responsibility of maneuvering Vegas Strip traffic. At least I don't have any hesitations or fear about busy roads, so it worked out fine. We stayed in a great suite with kitchens and family rooms and all, so we were all able to put down our things and still have somewhere to sit and socialize. We utilized the hot tub first thing being that A) I'm not pregnant so I could soak right up to my neck for as long as I wanted, and B) I had no kids to keep me from doing so. A great start! It must be said this was also my mom's first knowledge and encounter with my brown hair. I had purposefully waited to share it so she would be surprised when she saw me in person. And it was the best surprise yet. She gasped, and almost choked as she stumbled toward me. It was so great as she tried to adjust her eyes to what she was seeing. Oh, it was funny, and I loved it.
We spent the next 2 short days walking the strip and seeing all the different hotel's that we could. Everyone underestimated the distance between the Treasure Island hotel and the Bellagio, despite my suggestions at such, and we ventured on the long walk there, through every hotel along the way, and back. Wow! Our break at the Belligao hotel was beyond welcomed. A 3 hours stint in their Buffet was my best memory of the trip. We sat, and laughed, and ate, and talked. It was awesome. Our table was perfectly situated in a quiet corner so nobody bothered us and we didn't bother anybody else. It was by far the best night of the weekend!
Saturday we attended the Las Vegas temple together - another delightful choice, and finished off with tickets to the Mystere show in Treasure Island. The acrobatic stunts are stunning and we all left with a jaws on the floor! Awesome.
I couldn't be more lucky to have such awesome sisters. They are funny, and friendly, and smart, and give me ideas on how to be a better mom, cook, wife, and friend. I am so grateful that we love each other's company! Cheers to Vegas for a great trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
How fun! What a wonderful idea! And, I'm guessing you meant to say you loved the hot tub because you are *not* pregnant? I was thinking that you were making an announcement in there. :)
Very Good, Kaylinn. It was a fabulous weekend.
Post a Comment