December 26, 2012
Emergency Preparedness
I have a love of office supplies. Like, seriously LOVE them. On my first day of teaching at Springville Jr High, I was showed the printing room and the glorious office supply closets. Free office supplies? Stop It! I have never seen anything like it before or since. I literally stood there for a minute straight. And I would walk away with a tub of stuff each time I was allowed into this holy closet. (California schools do not have any such closets; sadly). I find going to the local Depot for Offices an enjoyable past time activity. Calendars, Pens, Post It notes; they have an education corner, did you know this? Paper shredders, calculators, desks, file folders, desktop organizers, highlighters, notepads. I can't. Breathe...hold on.
Some would say that I have a somewhat overstocked amount of office supplies in my house/garage. Hoarding might be a word that some would use. I would like to correct this mode of thinking - I actually just want to be sure to have some on hand; you know, in case of an emergency. Now, Mark would probably argue that a shortage of office supplies would not really be defined as an "emergency"; but its better to be safe than sorry right? You never know when the pen you have runs out of ink. And they all write a little differently. And it's good to have a choice in color when it comes to highlighters and pen ink. You know, to do lists are so much more fun in multiple colors.
So, for my New Year's gift to myself, new colored pens and coordinating post it notes; for my new calendar. I couldn't use the ones I already have because, well, these ones are the right colors. And I'm really into the RSVP brand for my pens of choice. And the Post Its have lines on them so I can write my goals better. I am so excited about it, I want it to be the First so I can just start using it already.
So if you are in need of some office supplies - I might have something. I'd be happy to let you BORROW a pen. Or give you ONE Post it Note. One. :) You're Welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey guys! I'm Mark's FHE sister from way back in the day, and I just love looking at your blog. Can I just say that I think you and I would be best of friends??? Haha. I am the exact same way about office supplies! My greatest Christmas present would be a gift card to office depot :) I have a day planner that is a little, excessive? I guess that's a good word for it! Anyways, just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone!
-daryn
Post a Comment