I've been thinking about hot chocolate and toast recently. Weird I know, but being that the temperature of my house equals the temperature of the average refrigerator, anything hot seems delightful. Hence the thought.
So I had some for lunch today. And, as I always do, I dipped my toast into my chocolate. And I was reminded; I grew up with this delicious combination and it has only recently come to my attention that this is not accepted as generally as I thought.
As a younger kid, I remember our babysitter making fun of our family because we did this. Later, my roommates in collage thought I was super weird. And when I married Mark and ate my little snack this way-he too was surprised.
Which made me think it was about time I was public about this. Seriously, dip your toast into your hot chocolate. It is so good. Thats all.
2 comments:
I do it all the time and I am pretty sure that I learned it from you guys! I think of you all every time I do it!!!!
I wonder if that came from the Portlock side of the family, hmm? My family would do that too, except I'm not a huge fan of it because I'm picky about the soggy bread. But I thought I would let you know you're not alone in growing up doing that. :)
Post a Comment