January 10, 2012

Six Tid Bits

1. I am super excited about my new year's resolutions. People who are not resoultion makers I do not understand. It is one of my greatest passions. One of my goals is to tidy up every night before bed. I realize this is a common practice among most family oriented ladies in the blog world. Not so much in the Morrell house. But now my friends - we are new people. Dishes clean and put away, blankets not strewn all over the couches, leftovers actually put away rather than left to spoil. Its going to be a steller year.

2. This time next year I will have completed the Walt Disney World Marathon! Probably not in the 2:40 that the female winner this year did, but I tell you what, me and Katie, and maybe Michelle if I can lie to her about how fun it is going to be enough to make her think I'm right. (cuz lets be honest, the disney part will be smashing fun, the vacation part irreplaceable, but the running part, eh...not so much)

3. My job is AWESOME! I am like a "filler" sub. I go to the high school campus every day, and then fill in whatever holes they may have. And when they have no holes, which is often, I sit in the teachers lounge and scrapbook, read, craft, play games, sleep and get paid. Its awesome.

4. I love the Duggars. Seriously - love their show. I asked for their book for Christmas, and my superman husband got it for me. And I cried. Do you think I've crossed a line?

5. I started bringing my calculator to the grocery store - product of another resolution. And TWICE I had the total bill not only under budget but EXACT! That was a pretty proud moment for me. I've said before, I LOVE grocery shopping, and I am really good at filling up a cart. So - to show some self control and then to be right on the price, it was a big moment.

6. My older brother is kind of my personal rock start. I just love spending time with him. Cuz he is just that amazing.

4 comments:

Lorie S. said...

I love all 6 of these tidbits, and your job sounds awesome!

Mindy said...

I am not a resolutionist. I figure why wait until January 1st to change something I want to do differently or better. P.s. If it is Michelle Haw Richards you are attempting to run, she better not talk to me! As a college distance runner, it's really sayin' something if I think 26.2 miles is NO fun! But you are right about one thing, Disney makes it all significantly better than without! :) GOOD LUCK!

Tabitha said...

So glad you are back to blogging! Best wished on your Disney run training. My friend just did it last week. Looked like the Disney-part was more fun for her family (who didn't run) than her, so you might want to get your good times in before the race ;)

Jaclyn said...

Where are you a filler sub? Why have we not crossed paths if we're at neighboring school?!