January 11, 2012

For real?

As I mentioned before, my job assignment is to fill in holes on campus that are last minute needs. Today, a sub didn't show up for a particular assignment; so I was called to the classroom. No biggie-right? Wrong!

How does this teacher even have a job? I have subbed this class before. How do I know this? Because the agenda I wrote on the board from Nov. 7th was still there! For real? His classes have NO respect for the classroom or any adult for that matter. Several stood by the door the entire 100 minute class; eating, texting, and chatting obscenely loud. Many "went to the bathroom" and didn't return. It was the most insane class with no real lesson plans, and no real direction given at all! I just hate when I have to sub in rooms like this. Not so much because it is a bad experience - which to tell the truth it is a nightmare - but more because I don't understand why this type of person has a job teaching and one such as myself doesn't. Really?

2 comments:

Sara Warren said...

That is insane, Kaylinn! Is there a way to report such bad performance as a teacher? If that kind of poor performance were to happen in an office it would never be tolerated. Sigh.

Katie said...

I'm in shock! How maddening! And I am going to try Hot Chocolate and toast, I love dipping toast in soup so sounds kind of similar :)