January 23, 2012

Teenagers and Ice Cream

Teenagers should not be teachers. I'm telling you - in my experiences in the education world - teenagers aren't the best at explaining things clearly and getting things done. I would have to say the fine arts classes are the ones that test my patience the most. Like today - watching the "team captains" try to get the kids started on their new dance was like watching a group of people who have never ice skated, step onto the ice for the first time.

Also-my husband is amazing. While driving home, we were chatting about my upcoming birthday plans, which will include a trip over for some delicious Thrifty ice cream. To which he asks "does that sound good right now?" I said heck yes. And then we missed out turn to our house and went to get ice cream as a spontaneous date day! Oh delightful. And I got Bubble Gum flavor. Because as a kid Lord's Ice Cream parlour had it and it was so delightful. Except I don't like the gum balls in it so I ask for as much ice cream and as little gum balls as possible. And they oblige. And it is delightful every time.

Happy Monday.

No comments: