January 28, 2012

Re-purposing

I am really quite proud of our thrifty new headboard. We've never been real adults with an official bedroom set. Mostly we've just made do with what I've skimmed together from my college days. So - I put my resources together and made us a fancy new headboard. Ideas compliments of "Design on a Dime" from HGTV. (a station I am obsessed with).
I took our old door from off the closet that was causing more harm than good=Free.

Repainted it so the pink crayon marks and black smudges from the previous owners was gone=Free

Attached
it to some 4X4's which I had also painted white-and topped them off with some fence post toppers for the final look=$20.00

Add a new wall color and we're mostly done with my new room. I still need some artwork above the bed which I am in the process of getting together. But overall - I like it!
So there you have it. My twenty dollar headboard made from a door! Thanks to Design on a Dime.

9 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

great job kaylinn! that looks amazing! you're so thrifty!

Lesley Wright said...

That is awesome! Looks so good.

Sara Warren said...

Way cool & quite impressive!

Tabitha said...

Love it!! We have a simailar bedroom furniture situation, not sure I'll be as good and thrifty about finding a solution!

Tabitha said...

Love it!! We have a simailar bedroom furniture situation, not sure I'll be as good and thrifty about finding a solution!

Anonymous said...

such a cute idea...love it!

The Ross Family said...

That is fabulous Kay. Absolutely love it! And the Price....EVEN BETTER

Brandon and Lesli said...

cute bed! We too have never had a real bed and I've been scouring the internet for fun ideas. this one is awesome. Thanks for your sweet christmas card - i look forward to it every year. one of these days I'll jump on the christmas card board. Fun to read your blog and see what you've been up to. Take care friend!
Lesli

Katie said...

I love it!!!!