November 3, 2010

Step 2: Install Drywall




I have walls! To a regular person this may not seem like a reason for celebration. However, regular people get professional installers to redo their bathrooms so there really is no comparision. For us Do-it-yourself-ers, drywall is a huge step from the looking-at-insullation-and-frame step into a world of home-dom. I am so excited!




Joe and Mark went all manly on the drywall cutting and did a rather good job if you ask me. Thankfully we have a spa that has doubled as a cutting board for many projects. (You too can have this very spa for the low low price of haul-it-yourself...hence why we still have it. I'm sorry, I digress.) Once the walls were up and secured, I mudded in all the seams for a very nice finished look. I am thrilled as we move onto the backerboard step and then the tile. Maybe someday my dream of having a bathroom will become a reality.


2 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

I love your comment, "regular people get professional installers to redo their bathrooms." Hehehe. I can just picture you saying it. :) Anyway, I'm sad I missed you tonight. We'll have to chat again soon!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Wow, I'm impressed.