My mom sold her house today. It is officially been passed over to new owners. This is the house I grew up in so to be passing it on just seems...unreal. Packing up the 24 years of belongings was no easy task that is for sure. Mom did most the work herself; finishing up with a remarkable showing from the CV2 ward (many thanks). We've successfully packed 2 storage rooms full to the brim and Mom is now residing at our house until the new house is found and purchased.
I sure love this house. I will definatly miss the backyard; where my childhood years are filled with hiking and exploring and building tree forts and grass forts and running from the cows. I will miss the old burned down house back in the park; and the bathtub in the creek from years long past. I will miss the frogs at night in the summertime. I will surely miss the smell of home. Although I haven't lived there in so long, the memories are still strong and to be leaving it behind is like the ending of an era.
So goodbye house. You've been good to us Wrights.
5 comments:
No!!!! I love your house and I agree, it is the end of an era. I too have so many memories there and in the hills behind it. Sad sad day. Something is not right in the world when CV2 has no Hulmes or Wrights.
I still recall sending rent checks (from the Chelsea condo) to that address. Cheers to all the fond memories you had there! (And may you all have many more at your Mom's new home). :)
Wow! Can't believe it! I remember the first time I went to your place, it was for the very first season of Survivor. We celebrated the finale! That was so fun, and love all the memories with you and your family there. Its hard saying goodbye to a home you have known for so long, and had countless memories in. Your house always had a strong spirit there, I always loved being there. :)
I remember having to say goodbye to my childhood home. It was my home for 19 years. I LOVED it. I still drive by it sometimes to see how its doing. Is that weird?
So where is your mom moving to? Is she staying in the area? I never really had a childhood house because we moved at least every 5 years. I bet it is strange not being to go home there anymore.
Post a Comment