November 10, 2010

Slightly Funny

Today I took a walk during my lunch break. Jillian Michaels would be proud. At a particular intersection a small congregation of people waited for the light to change. I joined the crowd and positioned myself slightly to the side so I could get a clean break (being that I naturally walk faster then most). As the light changed and the crowd moved as expected, I quickly found myself in front of the pack; just moving right along. Now none of this is too unusual so I wasn't really thinking about anything around me until a man not much older then myself approached my side. Our conversation went like this:

Man: "Excuse me Miss, can I pay you a compliment?"
Me: Sure?
Man: For an older woman, you are really quite attractive.
Me: Oh, thank you. *must walk faster!*
Man: Your welcome, do you not hear that very often.
Me: Um..well, I'm not sure. But thank you anyway.

*by now we have gone down the street just enough to realize he wasn't turning off my course and the next block was...too far away. *

Man: So you can't be that old. what are you...36?
Me: Um...something like that yes.
Man: (quite proud of himself) I'm close right. You're surprised how close I am huh?
Me: Well, not really close, but I guess sort of? *by now I'm just trying to walk faster, but he is keeping pace well*
Man: You're not younger are you?
Me: Yes
Man: Oh S***, it must be the clothes you're wearing.
Me: maybe. *so I dress old? I like this skirt*
Man: So are you off to lunch.
Me: yes, I'm meeting a friend.
Man: a FRIEND? Is it a Man friend?
Me: Um..no. I am married.
Man: Would you ever consider cheating on him?
Me: Never.
*Thankfully we hit an intersection right then so I split off course*

Weird right! Love it.

7 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Oh my gosh! That is crazy scary & yet somehow flattering, I'm sure? Weird.

The Ross Family said...

That is so funny. Akward at the moment but so grateful for those crazy people. They make our life quite livable at times!!!!

Steph said...

I am so glad you shared this with the blog world. This made my day. I laughed really hard in the middle of work. I think I would have confronted the man and told him my age. And is he crazy? 36 isn't old! But I love that he wanted you to cheat. HAHAHA!!! I don't get how certain people have such confidence. Can't wait to see you tonight (well really early tomorrow morning). Bye!

Elsie said...

At least you know you still got it;) Hey by the way, do you want to go to an Air supply concert with me on Valentines day next year out here in CO? I don't think Jason can go, and you were the next on my mind because I remember you and Jason belting out some good Air Supply tunes one day long ago. It would be fun.

Heidi Prince said...

slightly funny, mostly creepy. miss you friend!

Sarah McKean said...

Oh my gosh Kaylinn! I couldn't help but laugh! You replayed that out so well, LOL! Sorry you had that experience though, how awkward and weird that he was so persistent and asking so many inappropriate questions and remarks. I hope your night was better than the day :)

Sarah McKean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.