
We woke up late and enjoyed a perfect breakfast of crapes with strawberries and cream and nutella! Yes, we splurged on our diets (not like thats unusual or anything) and dived into the jar head first. Like the commercial says, its part of a balanced breakfast.
With a start like that, we were bound for nothing but goodness. We ran several errands, some which included a Home Depot run to pick up (drum roll please) TILE! Yes ladies and gentlemen, we just purchased the tile for our evolving bathroom. And let me tell you, it is a hard thing to buy tile knowing that you can't go back! Bonus purchases were the new lights that Mark later installed in our kitchen and hallway. Goodbye 1923, hello 2010. Love it.
We then stopped by the Safeway to get some goods for the missionaries who were coming for dinner. Mark made up a mean short rib which was delightfully received. And it must be said that we had purchased 2 boxes of ice cream to share for dessert and those missionaries ate it all! I was a little disappointed when the last scoop was dolloped into his bowl thinking - what a shame, now I have to find another excuse to have ice cream in my house.
Our evening ended when I decided to practice the hymns for the following day's meetings...which then turned into a singing fest as Mark and I sang all the songs I could pretend to play. We don't have a lot of music but we sure had fun belting out what we had. And I'm sure the neighbors will be willing to pay for some additional lessons for both the pianist and vocalist in me. Not good.
A most fabulous Saturday filled with the perfect blend of relaxation, productivity, shopping, service, and play. Self, great day!
1 comment:
I was beginning to worry that you weren't going to get Day 3 in. So happy to hear that you had such a splendid Saturday. It truly does sound like the perfect blend.
Hooray for tile!
Post a Comment