Mark and I have spent the last week in Utah for Dad's funeral. He was buried in the Salt Lake cemerty. A beautiful program was held in Bountiful where my brothers spoke and Uncle Doug gave the concluding message. Jeff and Kris Page sang bringing such a sweet spirit. Seeing my dad one last time brought good closure although it was hard. The cancer had eaten everything that really made him look like my Dad. His hands were the only thing I could recognize. Overall, it was a great service. Thanks to all who supported our family during this time.
The Pallbearers included some of my dads dearest friends and of course my brothers, Cory and Mark, and Uncle Kirk. What a sight to see them carry my dad to his final resting place.

What a beautiful location too.

I think the hardest part was not seeing Dad in his casket but seeing his name on the safe that surrounds the casket before it goes in the ground.

After all was said and done, our dear friends the Brewers took us away from life for a few days and up to their fantastic cabin in Weber Canyon. What a delightful chance we had to be together. They fed us like royality. Our schedule was pretty rigid. Eat, Nap, Eat, Activity, Nap, Eat, Nap again, Eat, Movie, Sleep. :) I guess you could say we were "ruffin" it.
Barry took us fishing the first morning we were there. Mark and I were the only ones brave enough to go. Fantastic nature moment which I just loved. No fish were caught, but it was totally worth it anyway.

The highlight of the cabin experience wasn't the excessive amounts of glorious food Kathy Kay cooked for us, or the laughs around the table, or the giant dorm-like room in the loft with the giant TV, or the delightful weather, or my family all being together, or the smores, or the even better-then-sex Ebble-Skeeber syrup which Danish spelling I don't know...no, it wasn't any of those things. It was the ATV rides we took up the ridge and around the bend to overlook Park City and the mountain canyons there. So beautiful!!
Its impossible to say how I would have made it through this whole thing without my husband. What a remarkable man to stand by my side and always tend to my needs. He was right there all the time and I am so lucky to have someone so great. So an especially big thank you to him! I am so glad to have such a good friend in my husband.
5 comments:
What a nice , my parents said it was beautiful! You guys are in our prayers!!!
i'm so happy that mark compliments you so well and is able to be there for you, especially at this time! miss ya girl!
You and Mark are so cute and I'm so glad you were able to get some much needed rest and relaxation as a family. I wished I could have seen you and given you a hug at the memorial service here in Clayton, but you put an amazing program together. It perfectly highlighted the AMAZING man that is your father! He will always be in our hearts and memories. Love ya girl!
Praying for you-- your dad is still close. I remember talking to Lorna Collette after Brent had died. She talked about the rainbows she saw and how she believed they were signs from Brent that he was there and loved her. I bet your dad is sending his own signs. Love you-
Boy Kaylinn, so sorry to hear about your dad. He was such a good man. I watched him and admired him a lot. Always very very kind and nice to me, even when I didn't deserve it. I work just a mile or two from the cemetery and have some of my own family there. Will try to make it out to pay my respects some time.
On a happier note, congrats on your marriage! You guys look so good together. I swear I know him from college or something, he looks so familiar. But then again, I say that about everyone. Enjoy marriage. It's the best thing ever, but having little rug rats comes in at a very close second!
Post a Comment