May 14, 2009

Keepin' On

I feel like most our days are routine. I could take pictures of the grocery store adventures, the Bed, Bath, and Beyond trips, the Costco sample ladies, and trips to Yogurt Delight. I could blog all the movies we've watched, the skookies we've consumed, the pollen that continues to accumlate on our cars cuz we refuse to wash them. I could mention I've picked up running again, Mark is beginning to be annoyed with the basketball games on Wednesday night due to "overpopulation", and we've made a renewed pact to eat better. All those things have been happening but none of them seem really blog-worthy. So...here are a few "other" happenings that I can mention.

Party in a Can:


We've just spent the most delightful weekend with our friends the Richards filled with food, laughs, and random theme songs including "jookie" and "puppy surprise". We went out to see the Wolverine movie; Mark's second time. And enjoyed the frozen yogurt bar I am obsessed with. (As a side note, last week I asked if they were hireing, they said no, a new kid was training when we went. Did they lie? Poosers, don't know what they lost!) And lastly, it was only natural to make the trip over to the Happiest Place on Earth. Mark and I haven't been over there in almost a few months now so we were both really excited. Pirates is still our first Disneyland ride. Toy Story Mania is still my favorite California Adventure ride. I'm still not a fan of Tower of Terror but neither was Michelle so I didn't stand alone. Mark imparted all his Disney knowledge and we ate at the Blue Bayou...again. And at the delicious Bread Bowl place at the Bakery. And a churro. And a lemon icee. So--we ate a lot! What fun! Our Space Mountain picture was by far my favorite! I wish so bad it wasn't all blurry...or we just purchased it. Mark is on the cell, and Michelle was wearing Brandon's glasses and the lense fell out, so she looks like a pirate. It was so fun!

At the Factory
Our schedules are still opposite making our time together limited. But we are both happy to have jobs. Looks like Summer School is going to pan out in our favor. We've got about 3 weeks of school left, and then finals. Woo-hoo. Mark has been given more responsibilities on his end which is a good thing; we're hopeful this means we'll get a permanent position.

More Teaching
Mark and I have been called to teach the 14-15 year olds in Sunday School. Convient since that is the age group I teach every day, and Mark's experience with EFY. We had our first class this last Sunday. Interesting to say the least. I feel a little bad, we've already picked out those we'll "like" and those we find more of a struggle! Overall, we're both really excited.

Family Ties
I've gotten several questions on an update of my father so I thought I'd throw in a broad thought. Dad made it to the wedding as you saw in our pictures. A blessing we didn't think was going to happen. Shortly after our pictures he headed home and didn't recover enough to make it to our reception that evening but did come out to our open house in Utah. Since then, things have been touch and go. Some good days, many bad days. Mom figured out how to keep him more hydrated then before which has improved the quality of days by a margin. Overall, the road looks dim. We are just happy to still have his company.

3 comments:

Lesley Wright said...

What a great life! That is exciting that you get to teach summer school. Then you will have extra income and something to do. So I was thinking about this 4th of July. In the past, you have visited us a couple times maybe you should make a trip up here to visit. (Since Dave and I have been living here you have not made any of those random trips up here to visit. Of which, we were looking forward to and they never happened).

Michele said...

Well I must say your life still sounds exciting. I am so glad that you were able to have your dad at your wedding. I'm sure that meant the world to you.

Mindy said...

I already told the Richards that I was fighting with them. And now I am fighting with the Morrells too. Does anyone want to be MY BF? Nooo, simply because I am the singular THORNLEY ... Not part of a duo. Sigh. Curse you plural people! :)