This was my first year attending the High School's prom. As the Junior Class Advisor, I am required to attend and my official duty was the Prom King/Queen Ballots. Mark had to work that night so I was prepared to attend stag yet again. A trip down memory lane shows both our Junior and Senior dances when I was in High School I did not have a date. LAME! Anyway-here is where it gets good.
Saturday arrives and I'm totally not excited about the evenings events. Going in the first place isn't on my "want to do" list and going alone just makes it worse. Mark had to work at 2 so, as usual, he gets ready and heads out the door about 1:30. I cozy back on the couch and make fake bets on the Kentucky Derby in an effort to keep myself occupied. A few minutes later, a knock at my door. "Who could that be? I'm not even dressed yet!!!"
I peer out the peep hole and what do I see? My sweet Mark called in sick so he could take me to Prom! (ooohhh...cute!) I was speachless. He had been planning it for a few days! So great! So, he took me out to dinner and then down to the Phoenix Club in Anaheim for the dance.
.jpg)
As for the decorating and such, I wasn't in charge of much. The kids picked a theme and deocrations out of a magazine, and that was it! The rest was taken care of. Mark and I sat at the ballot table the majority of the evening. I was surprised how few of my students I saw and the few I didn't remember! We decided the "in" color of the year is purple; far more purple dresses then any other color. There were lots of a bohemian style "hippie" type dresses. That was different. And LOTS of skin. I can't lie, I prayed for them last night, that they might make good choices. :) The night moved kinda slow. The food was average! We entertained ourselves trying to take pictures. That only lasted so long!

The royalty was read, and Mark and I skipped out for the last hour. So cheers to Prom night. Double cheers to my husband and his surprise. Pretty sure this qualifies him into the Husband Hall of Fame.
6 comments:
Freakin Cute. That is such a wonderful surprise. I was thinking of you last night. I even text you to prove it. So glad you had a Date!! Mark, You ROCK!!! (Give Cory some tips...:-)
Can I just say I LOVE that you wore the bridesmaids' dress from my wedding! :) (I also love that I own one of the dresses myself, and occasionally wear it for special events too). Cheers to fancy dresses! Anywho, how wonderful that your hubby surprised you for a special night out! Glad you enjoyed the evening - and were able to skip out for the last hour, too. :)
You'll probably be sleeping soon, but I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can chat! Big hugs!
i hope you had sex that night, like most highschool prommers do these days :).....did i really just write that?
You two are the best! I can't wait until Dave and I can go on a double date with you.(We were thinking of inviting you to our murder mystery game, but seein how you are 6 hours away).
I love reading your posts they are hilarious. That was so sweet that Mark took off work so you two could go to PROM together. So fun! I love the post about all the toiletries for women and men have it all wrapped in one.
Kaylinn I finally updated the blog! With about 1 million pictures! haha. I was actually working on it when I saw your comment! I love that Mark took you to prom. You should ALWAYS go to prom no matter what! SO I am glad you finally got the chance. I hope you guys danced a little!
That is the cutest thing ever! Way to go in choosing an awesome guy. I have an awful memory but didn't you go to Junior Prom? I totally don't remember, how bad is that. Oh and way to go for learning how to play tennis. What a fun thing to go out and do.
Post a Comment