March 25, 2014

March Madness

This month was nuts.  Absolute chaos here in our spot of the world.  I'm not even really sure how long it will take me to recount all the gloriousness of it all for the blog to enjoy.  So - It'll be several events in one long post. Because that is just how crazy our month was.

In no particular order. (Thank goodness for modern smartphone technology that made photography possible in my life)

(1) Disney on Ice:
  I have always had a secret want to go and see Disney on Ice.  I remember many an opportunity while living in Southern California, and single, that I passed up because I just knew it wasn't kosher to go to this sort of thing.  Having a young boy doesn't make it kosher, BUT when  your friend has an age appropriate daughter - I was totally in.  Mark procured us some tickets in a box seat (see "new job" below) and we got some goodies to enjoy the magic.  I must say, I wasn't slightly displeased.  Most parts were good, but other parts were REALLY bad.  Like the story of Merida and Brave - I feel like they missed the entire movie.  None the less, we had a marvels trip on the train, and a delightful show with a delightful friend.  Win - Win - Win.


(2) Grandma's Funeral:
  Four days before our scheduled moving day, Grandma Wright passed away.  Which made her funeral land the day before the moving truck showed up at our house.  Holy crazy week of my life! I quickly spent Tuesday and Wednesday packing up everything possible and then hit the road at 4am on Thursday Morning. Driving the roads of Montana was like a joyous dream to me.  I just loved those open roads of my Dad's country.  We just happened to take a pit stop in an old forgotten mining town where there was an abandoned Prison (now historic monument) and some cool 1909 Sears Building Kits. Radical. Mom cross-stitched the whole way, Cameron enjoyed the iPad, and I just loved on the scenery.  Going by the old house where many of our child hood memories steam was just icing on the cake.
We got into town by about 3:00 or so, and swung over to see all the Wright family that had come into town.  Oh how I love these familiar faces of my Father's family.  Love love LOVE!

The Funeral was held on Friday afternoon.  A beautiful service with such delightful memories of my grandmother.  And funny stories; man that lady was a hoot to have around. After some good food and photos, it was back on the road for the 3 of us so we could make it back in time for the moving truck. (I can see how it was confusing for many of my Facebook followers to see photos of me in the Montana countryside with talk of moving trucks on it's heels.  No, we didn't move to Montana; heaven help us if we ever did)

(3) New Job and a Move
  This change came as a somewhat unexpected surprise.  Several months back, Mark had seen the Jazz advertise for a position that interested him.  Out of sheer curiosity, he decided to apply. Weeks passed and we heard nothing, until randomly, he got a call with an invitation for an interview.  Wham Bam - Mark was hired to help "fix" can we say, the struggling VIP Service Management team. He is working for the Larry H. Miller Sports Group which includes the NBA Jazz Team, the Minor League Bees Baseball team, and the events at the EnergySolutions Arena. Specifically, the VIP guests that reserve the Suite level box seats. He is still a licensed real estate agent on the side, as well as our Real Estate ventures with Strongbrook.  So - he is a busy man. This Jazz gig is relatively short term, so - we plan to enjoy it while it lasts.
  Such a drastic change in our lifestyle had Mark commuting from our Orem home up to Salt Lake City on a daily basis.  Almost a 3 hour round trip commute.  So - for quality of life, we decided to hack the commute and move north.  After a one day house hunt, we found a delightful little spot to rent that is just a short drive to the office allowing Mark to leave later, come home for lunch, and return at the end of the day in just a few minutes.  Glorious!

  So, after driving all night home from the Funeral, we were ready to pack up and move to the new place on Saturday morning.  (pictures of the new place in a separate post when I get it all pretty-enough-for-pictures)


(4) I Love Quilting
  I have picked up this delightful hobby from my Mother-In-Law and am hooked. I finished my first quilt in just 6 weeks, and started on my second one shortly thereafter.  It is so fun to take all these different fabrics and them sew them together into fun shapes and patterns.  The brown colored star block in the center of the photo is the current quilt I am working on; the spring colors is my first quilt.  Very addicting, and very fun!


Ooo-Whee.  What a crazy few weeks.  I just got back from a trip to Portland to visit my dearest college buddy and will post on that in the near future, along with the new place which I am loving already. Happy March everyone -- we aren't slowing down just yet. More fun posts coming.

1 comment:

Sara Warren said...

Oh my heavens, Kaylinn! I thought watching your life through Instagram was busy, but catching up on your blog is exhausting. You guys have had a crazy busy life lately. Is Mark still working the gig with Jazz? I am ashamed to admit that I have not been checking blogs for a while and it seems I am very far behind. I had not even seen the new design nor was I aware that you're doing doTerra. Whew. You guys are a busy bunch! Still more posts to read. :)