March 2, 2014

Birth-Week 2014

Twas another fantastic week celebrating all things I enjoy most.  With Mark being gone most of the week, I was left to fend for myself for all of my entertainment.  So - Cameron and I filled our days with a few things that I like.  My shameless "I'm 31 now" photo; still loving the brown hair.
Monday, we went up to Salt Lake and walked around The Gateway, and then took the train home just to enjoy the scenery. Tuesday, we went and walked around BYU, got some ice cream, and some office supplies from the bookstore. Lovely.   Wednesday, I spent an entire day sewing my second quilt with my mother-in-law. Very delightful. Thursday was a walk around the mall for some window shopping and another drive to SLC to go to dinner with a very dear friend at The Cheesecake Factory.   Mom had gifted me a few items this year that I opened slightly early on. She knows me too well and I am so grateful for her thoughtfulness in planning what to get me.  Time to loose these 30 lbs from the last 5 years! Like, for real this time.
 Friday was my actual birthday, and it was the most low key.  I was without a car that day so Cameron and I walked the 2.25 miles to Walmart to seek out my perfect Birthday Cake ingredients.  Sadly, there was no Rainbow Chip icing, so the whole trip was a waste! After a short rest, I was pleasantly surprised when the entire Morrell clan made a trip down to eat at Goodwood. Saturday turned out to be the biggest surprise yet, planned by my marvelous husband and his partner in crime, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth had called a few days prior to ask me to go to dinner with her in Salt Lake as her birthday gift to me.  I was thrilled, and so got the sitter and anticipated the fun trip.  She came to get me, and on our way up, she just casually said that we were going to grab a small bite to hold us over until the event crowds died down, then enjoy a real dinner later that night.  Some simple shopping and just hanging out would make the evening perfect.  Upon our arrival, we saw that the wait time for the restaurant of choice was too long, so we headed down the street to a second option.  Passing a nail salon, I casually said how much I loved acrylic nails, and BAM-Elizabeth had me in the chair getting them done before I could contest the idea.  Afterward, we walked rather quickly down the block to this awesome waffle hut for some dessert/dinner food which I didn't realize at the time, but she was eating pretty fast and rushing us along.  AS soon as we finished up that meal, she asks "what time is it now?"  "20 till 8" I reply.  "Then we have to book it 5 blocks to the Arena because we have tickets to see Brian Regan!

WHAT!!!! I was so surprised.  It wasn't on my radar AT ALL.  Usually, when Mark plans a surprise for me, it is at least somewhat on my radar.  But this was totally, not at all what I had mentally planned for the evening. So - along with the rest of the state of Utah, I headed into watch a really fantastic comedian share his hilarious talent as my birthday surprise.
Mark, you really outdid yourself this year.  I couldn't have been a luckier woman to have landed you as my man. And to Elizabeth who is my delightful new friend, and a real winner in my book! May she ever know how much I appreciate her friendship.

Coupled with all the Facebook shout outs, text messages, phone calls, and cards in the mail, it was a very Happy Birthday to me. Love my life.

2 comments:

Wendy Reves said...

What an awesome birthday!

Wendy Reves said...

What an awesome birthday!