March 3, 2014

Little Dude

I am so in love with watching this little boy grow up.  He is becoming more and more independent, curious, active, and fun with each passing day.

** Has recently discovered pockets; especially in his coats.  He loves putting his hands in his pockets when we are out walking around.

** LOVES the park.  Will often ask to go to the park several times a day.  And I oblige this request, several times a day. (hey, you do what you can when the hours pass slowly) He has mastered the slides of all sizes, and will go up the stairs and down the slide and around and around again and again. For hours.  It is delightful to watch.

** Is a magnet to all things junk food. I blame myself on this one. I can't resist an ice cream cone, and neither can my son.  He can detect the treat from rooms away, and come running in for a bite.

** It's been a slow transition into nursery but I am happy to report that he will stay in and enjoy the class by himself for the better part of the 2 hour block.  I go in with him for the first 15 minutes or so, and then hug him goodbye, several screams and tears follow but the nursery leaders assure me that he calms down after a minute or two and is fine the rest of the class.

** Addicted to the Screen.  I am working hard at decreasing the screen time in our home, but it is a challenge.  He is so good at zoning out to the tube! (not a good thing, I'll admit). His favorites are Monsters University - it gets me through the morning with a shower and a cleaned kitchen. And an episode of Super Why before Lunch and one before Dinner.  Again, allows me a minute to get something done.  I try to fill the rest of the hours with learning fun, but the screen always seems to itch it's way in. UG.

** Can count to 10. I give all the credit to his father on this one.  I am one proud mamma I will say.  I have no idea when the age benchmark is for counting, but I'm pretty glad that we've made it there. His attention span for books could use some improvement, we're working on that. But he loves puzzles, coloring, bubbles, and the park. ;)

We are a little biased, yes, but we will agree with those who compliment on the handsome nature of our boy.  He is darling, and he really is always really happy.  Lots will comment that he is always smiling and laughing when they see him, and I am really happy to say that he really is a delightfully happy boy.  I am a lucky mamma to have him around.

1 comment:

Lorie S. said...

Ha, pretty sure his counting is advanced! We're still trying to get Skyler to say ten words, let alone count to ten :) And him and Skyler would just love to slide together, they have been Skyler's favorite thing from the start.