My horrifically neglected blog. I must admit, I took an intentional break from blogging last month, mostly because things just got crazy, and I got overwhelmed with my ever growing "need-to-do" list and my much more exciting "want-to-do" list. So I put my wants aside and tried to just focus on getting the dinner on the table regularly. A feat that requires goal planning and mental dedication for me. I'd like to say that I was successful, but alas, I still feel too busy to blog but my desire to journal overtakes the realist in me. Thus, I am going to blog a ton this month! Some new, some from last month's adventures. Just a myriad of life to remind myself that there is more than what I seem to remember.
And so we start where we left off.
The family farm has been a fun hit this summer. We've gone up a few times and took a gander at the sites of Brigham City; which are minimal. We went to see the new Brigham City temple grounds, which were lovely, and across the street to the historic tabernacle which turned out to be much less than I expected. Luckily we didn't have to drive far to see it. We love the little cafe there where we ordered enough food to feed an army (can you say crunchy french toast? yum!), and shopped at the Amish store which I don't think is owned or operated by Amish people. Alas, that's the name of the store so we're sticking to it. We purchased a bit of Traffic Jam there, a delightful mix of citrus and berries to spread on your toast; yummy, and some Ice Cream for the drive home.
Uncle Tome acquired a few kittens to help manage the mice and other rodents that have become pests. They are so tiny and cute, they make me forget that I don't care for cats! Cameron, on the other hand, is enamored by animals. "Kitty" he says over and over again. He pets them and follows them around all over the farm. It's too cute to handle! When he hears their baby meow's, he will burst into smiles, jump up from what he is doing, and start looking for them, "kitty?, Kitty?" he is so fun!
The cousins and Uncle Mike have joined in on the visits once or twice. Activities always include several games of horseshoes, climbing on the tractor, playing tag in the vineyard and orchard, and relaxing under the mister that Uncle Tom installed on the Bunk House. It's beyond nice to relax there and watch the others play! I just love it.
The smell of mint sails through the air from the field on the property. And the shade tree over the well creates a perfect place to sit and read a book while taking in a summer day. It's hard not to love this place. Mark has such dear memories of his childhood and grandparents here. But for me, it's just a wonderful retreat from the world. Farewell, until next summer!Lastly, this picture has been in the works since our first trip to the farm, and every trip after. A side by side of Mark and Cameron on the farm. It makes me smile every time. That Morrelly-Belly. It is legit!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
hahaha I love the Morrelly-belly so cute!
Post a Comment