September 8, 2013

Grandparents

Conveniently, this post comes on Grandparents Day. I didn't plan this, I swear! A few weeks back, my mom and step-dad came to town for a visit. Cameron just loved playing with them. They took him to the park, spoiled him with treats, and played ball outside at least a dozen times. It was so charming to watch them laugh and play. I can't express how grateful I am for stalwart examples for Cameron.

I too love when my mom comes to visit. Since the wedding, our relationship has been more distant than it was in years past. Albeit, I did move 2 states away, and that can put a damper on the closeness of any relationship. So, suffice it to say, it is different now. So I was really glad when she was passing through town and stopped to stay with us. She encourages me to be a better housewife and mom. She supports my hobbies and ambitions. And she just keeps me on the path of being anxiously engaged in a good cause, rather than falling into some "idle-woman" habits. Some of our other activities included a splash pad visit which turned sour due to rain. An ice cream trip to Macey's where we pushed Cameron around in the cart with the car attachment. He was in heaven! A date night for the Hubs and I; to the temple of course which was great. And dinner out to P.F. Chang's.

It's so great to see both Joe and my mom feeling like they have purpose to their lives again. I sure do appreciate all that Joe does for my mom. We feel so blessed that they found each other, despite that their marriage has made them harder to keep track of!

Love that they are the grandparents to my son. Love them both.

No comments: