June 18, 2013

Mrs. Kammeyer

Lauren and I have a funny thing where we address each other by our full, married names. Not all the time, but when starting a phone call, or first saying hello. It is such a funny thing, and I'm not sure where it started or why it stuck, but it did. And I love it. Mostly because we were both so wanting to be wives, and now that we are we just love to be refer to each other as Mrs. It's delightful; so there you go.

I got to spend a day with lovely Lauren while she was attending her sister's wedding festivities in Salt Lake a few weeks back. I stayed with her little girl while she went to the sealing, and then we hung out while we waited for the luncheon to start. The kids were darlings; Cameron really loves other children so he was in heaven while I pushed the 2 in the double stroller. We even had a few strangers stop to take pictures with them. Especially the Asian visitors - they thought the 2 were such a sight. Miss Pleasant Grove took a gander with her attendants, and we had several gawkers who I am sure thought they were twins. It was fun for me to just stroll the temple grounds with them letting people think whatever they wanted.

The grounds were beautiful, as usual. It made me want to return to visit again; which I most defiantly will. We sat in the South Visitor Center while waiting for the luncheon and I was impressed with all the cool things they had there. I have never been in there before so I really liked the little setup they have of the history of the building of the temple; and the model of the temple with the rooms shown inside. Neat stuff. 
It was a beautiful day and even better to spend it with my dearest friend. The kids were troopers, making it through the entire day without a nap. It was hilarious that Lauren's daughter fell asleep before she got to her car in the parking lot. Would not be jolted awake in the transfer or anything! Hilarious!

I just admire this woman to the moon and back. She is a very treasured friend to me, and I couldn't be more lucky to get to call her my best girlfriend. Looking forward to our next get together; I can only hope that Cameron and Lauren's kids are good buddies so that our get togethers can result in more fun for everyone. 

1 comment:

The Kammeyers said...

Mrs. Morrell,

Breaking News: My blog silence is no more, or so it would appear. :) Imagine my joy to finally update, then check your blog and see this gem of a blog post. :) Cheers to you, my friend! Cheers to this adorable tribute to our friendship! It was indeed a very fun little visit. LOVE the collage of photos, and the tidbit about Livvy falling asleep - she was just absolutely DONE by the end of that day. LOL. :) Love ya tons!! ~Mrs. Kammeyer