June 26, 2013

Summer Days

We are well into summer and I am loving it. The high temperatures reminded us today just what summer is all about, and that isn't too exciting. Being that I am one who likes to run on plans and schedules, sitting around during the heat isn't my idea of fun. So - I've put together our family summer calendar and I must admit I have been really excited about and proud of my accomplishments.

Growing up, my mother made us a copy of our summer calendars so that we would know what things were going on during which days. She made a plan for the entire 3 months so we were rarely bored with nothing to do. This has carried over into the life of us kids now. Tessa inspired me to get one together, and even though my kid is far too young to understand, it gives us a fun summer plan and we'll have plenty of pictures documenting this year to put in our annual scrapbook.

It turned out really cute. And, that my friends, is the main purpose to share it with the internet world. Maybe someone out there will be motivated to make a summer calendar for their kids (and personal sanity)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. We just have a Summer Bucket List posted on our fridge. Much less exciting and less cute, but keeps me sane just the same. ;)

Rachel said...

Super cute, I love this!

Wendy Reves said...

Love this!