The Sullivan's loved it. I don't think the girls stopped digging in the sand for a minute the whole time we were there. Dimaris and I sat and talked while the boys hit up the waves for some boogie boarding. Thankfully, my father taught me well, and I was a useful teacher in reminding Mark and teaching Ruston how to catch a good wave and ride it in. I was pretty good, I can't lie. Cameron took it all in like any baby would. He ate the sand, and stood in the water unsure of what to expect. But I filled my camera with pictures to document his life, and well, at least we have the memory.
Sadly, Dimaris and I had to suffer the consequences of no sunscreen on the legs post beach day. I have never been sunburned like this on my legs before. I thought my legs didn't ever burn. And I was going for a good S. California tan to take back to Utah with me. Sadly, I scorched my legs instead and had to hobble around Disneyland the next 3 days. Shame on me for trying to beat the sun.
Disneyland was wonderful as always. Mark's Birthday was welcomed with a visit from Goofy right off the bat, so that was fun for a photo shoot; always my style. We tried to ride a lot of the ones we missed last visit, intermixed with some of our favorites. We did the Animation Studio, and Casey Junior, and Pirate Island. The new Fantasy Fair was open so we checked that out; with good reviews. Enjoyed the new Mickey and the Magical Map show; more good reviews. Rode the carousel for Cameron, it seems to be one of his favorites. Enjoyed Pirates numerous times. Ran into my new Step-Cousin Tara which was random and wonderful. And caught the Iron Man exhibit where the Iron Man suits are on display. Very cool.
Seriously with the smiles. The above family shot kills me. Cameron is totally aware of the Camera.
We sure love our Disney AP friends and that we get to enjoy the park together with them. So, you're wondering about the title of this post? Well, on the first day together, Ruston and family said hello to us with a hardy "what's going on with my buddies?" spoken really quickly. To get to the point - it evolved into scott boonon ... fill in the blank. (Scott Boonon my pizza? Scott Boonon my Pirates) I can't explain where the inflections go, but it's hilarious. And it was everywhere. And it is still very funny. And very Mark and Ruston and Miguel.I must admit, I welcome the break from Disney during our blackout summer days. The heat and the crowds ruins the experience for me a little bit. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get a call come September. Not surprised in the least.
Happy Birthday to my Disney Lovin' Hubs.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Ok, that is just too cute how he hams it up for the camera. You have a little heart breaker in your hands!
He's getting to be such a big boy. So fun! The family picture is adorable!
You mentioned the beach being a reason you want to move back to SoCal. Is that a real desire or just to accentuate the idea of how much you love the beach? Is SoCal back on the map for you guys?
Post a Comment