June 14, 2013

{Just Life}

I've got plenty of things to blog about, but right now I want to take a nap before Cameron's nap is over. So - in an effort to hit 2 birds in 1 nap - here is a short post about a a bit of what we've been up to lately.

Cameron loves the piano. He just likes to sit up there and pound those keys. He'll take my hands and place them on the keys so that I can play with him. It is really cute. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to worry about him falling right off the bench so that I could get the kitchen cleaned while he sat there an played. 

I've been getting myself in the kitchen more. Part of my summer calendar - which I should post it's cuteness soon - i've included "kitchen days" where I can try a fun Pinterest idea that sounds good to me. As a welcome weekend breakfast, we had lemon poppyseed pancakes with the Orange creamsicle tasting beverage. It was really good (although the beverage was a little too sweet). And I felt so fancy cooking with poppyseeds.

We are trying to put our pass of all passes to use, so we went golfing the other night just to get out of the house. Cameron was the cutest caddy ever. Loved it.

And 2 more darling crafts that I have to share because I am so proud of them. For my Young Women's lesson on the blessings of the priesthood, I learned a little bit of origami and whipped up these darling shirt and ties. Half the shirts had the printed "blessings" thing and then half were blank so the girls could write their testimonies or a letter to a priesthood holder in their lives. They were too cute.

And this idea came to me all on my own! No Pinterest involved. Which is HUGE to me. I was walking around this scrapbook store in the mall where I like to spend my time when I'm just walking to get out of the house. We had just got the print of our family picture taken in April and I was looking for a way to display it other than a frame. And this came together! Some cute paper and embellishments pasted onto the board - I couldn't be more proud of its cuteness. But I need the perfect display location still. Pat on the back to me.

Happy friday and the weekend to come. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the frame! Very creative!