May 6, 2013

Mike's Graduation

It's graduation season here on University Avenue, and the Morrell's are representing this year around. Both Mike and Tom graduated this spring and we all gathered in the Marriott Center to watch the ceremonies commence. I especially loved being there as this was where I walked back in '06 when I graduated from this institution of higher learning. Go Cougars. Sadly, Graduation Ceremonies are only fun for about 10 minutes, until you remember how excruciatingly slow they can be. But alas, we eventually found Mike in the sea of blue, and beamed with pride as we watched him cross the stage.
 We skipped out of the last little bit of the ceremony, blaming it on the baby's attention span. Luckily Julie had brought the toddlers which gave us a more legit excuse. I guess we didn't miss out on much. No graduation song, no tassel swap or cap toss. So - we settled for a simple photo op outside the building. Love that nobody told me I was right in front of Cameron and am slouching terribly. Smooth move mama. I especially loved the self portrait the boys were taking too. Just seemed like a fun moment.
We made our way over to the cougar eat for lunch, and the Bookstore for old times sake. Although it took 30 minutes for Taco Bell to complete my order (really people?) I always take advantage of an chance to hang out at my alma mater. Ra Ra Ra. Congrats to Mike and Tom. That makes the Morrell's 7 for 7 College Graduates. Nicely done Granny and Gramps.

No comments: