May 5, 2013

A Tid Bit or Two

1) I am on a kick of Peanut Butter and Jelly. Not sure where it came from, but it has hit me full force. Especially now that we live in Utah where they sell Grandma Sycamore's white bread. It is the best and I consume it every. single. day. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and go to the pantry for Breakfast options and think, "Can't wait for lunch today". Delicious & Cheap. Done and done.

2) When I first got here, I was having really warm and happy feelings about the pantry life. Then we went grocery shopping a few times, and got the reunion leftovers, and now I hate my pantry. It is disorganized, and cluttered, and obnoxious. I have a few box-thingy's that they've recommended on Pinterest, but I guess I haven't invested in enough. And am having trouble getting the right sizes. And what to do with the onesie, twosie things that you buy. It's a project I need to just buckle down and do.

3) I've read a few really good books lately. I surprise myself really because I was so not a reader, and now I sort of like it. The book I most recently finished was City of Ember. Awesome. Good speed, good characters, not terribly long so I didn't have to renew it 3 times at the library. I recommend it. I also have read Divergent this year, and just now starting Insurgent. Also good books, but they are a little on the long side so it takes me forever to get through them. But they're good so I like that.

4) I am lacking in my routine life. I really thrive on routines. Probably why school was such a good career choice for me. I've tried to set one a few times but then get jostled with one thing or another. Sunday is always a great day to rejuvenate my spirits and get me to write down the next week. Then Monday hits with full force and it wipes me right out. By Friday I'm a mess and just can't wait until Monday again to start over. Wild.

5) I have a few guilty pleasures. One of which is the Duggars. (TLC's show 19 Kids and Counting) I can not get enough of it. If I don't hear every word, I rewind the 30 seconds to watch it again. I save every episode, and when I feel like my day is too hectic or I haven't got enough structure, I flip on an episode and relish in the goodness that it is to me. An impossible wish of mine would be to sit in their house for a week (a few times a year) and just watch them live. It would be utterly fascinating to me!

6) I still am in love with Cafe Rio. I am a little worried that I'll get to the point in life where it just isn't that interesting to me anymore. That happens sometimes ya know? It would not be an unusual thing for us to go every week and not even realize it. Their pork burrito - enchilada style - is divine. Amazing.

7) Daily, as a past time activity just to get out of the house, I walk around stores. It is nice to have the mall here because an occasional mall walk is nice. We go to Target often, and sometimes Costco will do the trick. Usually I have a thing or two to buy, but sometimes, it is just a chance to do something other than sit at home. I know that i get a little stir crazy, and Cameron does so much better when his day includes a little time out of the house too.

8) Laundry is my nemesis. I feel ridiculous admitting this, but on the rare occasion that I can get ONE load of laundry washed, dried, AND folded in one day, I am really proud of myself. Usually, a load will sit in the washer long enough that I feel like I need to wash it again. And I live out of the dryer more than I care to mention. And let's not even talk about the pile of clean laundry that makes it onto the bed...until bedtime...and then is scooped onto the floor for at least a week. What am I, a teenager? Whatever will I do when my children are grown? How did my mother do all our laundry in one day, and then have it all folded on her bed for us to pick up Monday evening? I can only hope.

2 comments:

Co & Larry said...

I love following your blog.
You make me laugh, you make me cry (good tears though)
I feel like you understand some of my feelings.
Hope you remember me - I was the library clerk at
La Sierra HS when you worked there so long ago.
Thank you for letting me keep in touch with you through
your blog.
Coleen Jacklin

Lorie S. said...

I love when you do your tid bits. It always makes me realize how much we have in common. Seriously, we would have run into each other all the time at Target, Costco or the mall if we still lived there because I would do the exact same thing!!