February 20, 2013

Park Visits

I finally got out of my house and took Cameron to the Park. The weather was nice enough that I didn't feel like I was going to freeze, and with a combined bonus to burn some calories on my walk over, it was a win-win. And it was a smashing hit.

Cameron wasn't too sure what to make of the swing the first go around. But after a few moments, he must have caught on that this was like a ride and starting smiling it up. By our second visit, he knew what the swing was and enjoyed his little ride. It was only after we were done that I noticed the sign stating that the swings are for children 24-28 months. Um - we're close enough. whoops.


 The slide was also a big hit. He rode the small slide on his own (sort of) and the big twisty slide with dad. It was really cute!
The biggest fascination was with the sand pit. Cameron does this cricket thing with his feet, and in the sand pit, they were going WILD. Different textures and feelings. The sand was just perfectly warm, with the cool winter breeze - it was wonderful. Until he figured out how to put the sand into his mouth. We then had to find a different activity!
I really enjoy taking Cameron to the park and am really looking forward to going many more times. Hopefully, in our new home, there will be lots of ladies my age who I can meet there so we can chat and have a little social fun. But if not - at least I can work on my tan which is a top priority this summer! The pasty skin has to go!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Too cute! Some of my favorite photos/moments are at the neighborhood park.

Don't they have snow in UT right now? Enjoy the park while you can, it may be a while after the move.

Lorie S. said...

Love parks! 24-28 months is ridiculous. That's only a 4 month gap, and who waits until their child is 2 to have them experience the joy of swings?...I'm sure they just say that for their own legal, safety reasons. I'm wishing we still lived in Orem and we could've got together all the time with these boys at the park...sigh!