We took the chance back in August to take a trip down to St. George to meet up with my Brother and his family. It was Cameron's first time on an airplane, and my first time traveling with an infant. To sum it up: Cameron is a champion. I can't imagine having to do it with a busy boy but the baby thing wasn't so bad. Plus, with only an hour flight, I managed to make the return trip alone without any emotional causalities. (my trip to Wisconsin was a different story. Tune in later)
We stayed in a delightful "Penthouse" which made us feel fancier than than the place actually was. But by our standard, it was lux. We took advantage of having a private hot tub on our deck more times than I care to mention. Basically, we lived in our suits.
When we weren't sitting in the hot tub eating who-knows-what crap (I lost track of how many trips I made to the kitchen to acquire treats) we did make it out to historic St. George and Zions National Park. Both delightful. Dave's youngest son is just a week younger than Cameron, so it was fun to have us all together, and that neither one slowed down the other.
I pretended to be artsy and took a few pictures that I am quite proud of. I just need a place to display my "I'm proud of this" moment. I feel a book coming on. Done and done.
The kids were great. Like I mentioned before, Mark had to come home early, so I ventured for the remaining week on my own. Cameron was a champion, even for the 2 hour car drive back to Vegas, the transfer from rental car to airport to air plane. And the pick up scene in Oakland at the end. I wish I could say he slept through the whole thing, but he didn't. But God did bless me with a chill guy who just went with the flow. (until I put him on a 4 hour plane ride to Wisconsin 2 weeks later. Nightmare)
I sure love my brother and sister-in-law. So much so I gave Cameron his name. Loved seeing my friend Lanelle and her baby Elsie too. Reminds me how much of a beast my baby is. Shame on me for not getting a picture of me and Lanelle but the babies posed quite nicely. Elsie is 2 months older than Cameron. Yes my friends, that is how we make 'em. Big and strong.




No comments:
Post a Comment