October 24, 2012

Do You Hear the Poeple Sing?


I am never one to turn down a theatrical opportunity. So when Les Mes came to San Francisco, we were sure to brush up on our French history and head over. Ma was nice enough to babysit our youngster - and off to the BART station we went. I did feel a little guilty being that the boy was only just over 7 weeks old. But Le Mes doesn't happen everyday? At least that's the reasoning I told myself.

I do enjoy taking BART occasionally. I think if it were an everyday commute kind of thing I'd be annoyed, but since our station is the first on one the line, we always get a seat on our way into the City. Its interesting to sit and watch the cars fill up with people to standing room only. And then to try and analyze random people's personalities based on their shoes. Mark of course was so clever in his assumptions; had me laughing most of the trip.

We got there a little early and treated ourselves to some Starbucks deliciousness. And waters that were cheaper than in the theater. As we rushed over to take our seats, I wanted Mark to take a quick picture in front of the theater with the sign. Just was we got all positioned, we were bombarded by a deaf and dumb (as in non speaking. not stupid. I'm not that heartless) beggar who wanted money to go to the Burger King across the way. Mark tried to decline politely, but the beggar would not let up. So my photo op was more of a rushed moment, that turned out with me standing stiffly and smiling awkwardly as I watched that man badger my husband who was trying to respond in hand gestures and mimicking sign language. Funny memory.

The play was fabulous as was to be expected. Although I wasn't totally sure where it fit in 'French Revolution' history, it was a great story line to follow. And I was a little surprised at how scandalous it was as well. Especially that one scene during the "master of the house" number. Holy wow. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't keep my eyes off. Three words - scarred for life.

How I love a date night with my man. Delightful evening all around. Especially when we unexpectedly bumped into the Harrington's and got to ride BART home with them talking about the plays we've seen. - 'sigh'- I have a good life.We got home really late to find our babysitter sleeping on our couch with Cameron zonked in the swing. Mom said he didn't wake up to eat! Say what? So yes, this was also the first night we stopped having to feed Cameron at 10pm.

No comments: