September 24, 2012

"Blog something"

On my calendar today, I wrote "blog something". Because I don't have any ideas of something interesting that I could blog about. Well, that isn't technically true, but I can't muster up enough creativity to make a blog about my trips to St. George and Wisconsin blog worthy as of yet. So here I am, fulfilling my "to do" list duty, and blogging something.

-- I've received a new calling in my ward; Primary Pianist. Which wouldn't be all that bad if the 10 year old wasn't better than me. I was called just before the primary program, and the 10 year old was going to play for the Sunday shin-dig. Its embarrassing. I really can only just-get-by on the piano, and he is like concert pianist material. If I could be naturally amazing at 1 thing, it would be the piano. ... And volleyball. Ok 2 things. The piano and volleyball. Amen.

--  Yes you've heard correctly, I am working again. Because somewhere in my past life I must have done something good. I have landed a "work from home" gig for the Environmental company I have been doing vacation coverage for these last 2 years. And its going to be amazing. Part time. Work at home. Same pay as the school district. I like to use the "good, better, best" philosophy when explaining my employment luck since moving here. It was good that I got a job with the environmental firm back 2 years ago. The school district gig was better - no commute and more pay. This gig is the best. No commute. Same pay in half the time. Thank you Heavenly Father.

-- We did go to St. George a few weeks back now. Visited my brother and his family for a week there. Also caught up with my long-time college friend Lanelle and her little squirt. Hopefully I'll get more pictures on that later. I then went to Wisconsin to see Tessa's peeps and their new pad. The trip was an experience that will have to be blogged...later.

-- Cameron is coming up on 3 months. Chunky legs, spit bubbles, flapping arms, and smiles galore. Love his guts.

--  Mark has just secured his Real Estate licence. Yipee. He works for a brokerage out of Walnut Creek servicing the County here. Innocent plug for those who are in the area and need an agent.

And to spice up the visual aspect of this blog...a photo.

1 comment:

The Kammeyers said...

Cheers to checking things off the "to-do" list! Always a good feeling. Also, cheers to you for being such a faithful blogger! Yours is truly one of my favorites to read. (Not surprising as you're pretty much my favorite blogger out there). :) Love your bones!