June 3, 2012

Morrelly Belly

Since I've known Mark, there has always been a joke about the infamous "Morrelly Belly". Something that all Morrell's struggle with, that shows up when it is least wanted, and doesn't go much of anywhere but out. I was under the impression that this was not something that I would catch, being that I had more Wright in me than Morrell. 
Our favorite picture of Mark's Morrelly Belly.

Well, I was wrong. Now I have quite a bit of Morrell in me and it is sticking right out!


So here we are, at just about 36 weeks. Moving right into the last month and feeling pretty good about it. As Mark says so perfectly, we feel that on a scale of 1-10 we are about an 8 in our feeling prepared to be parents. Which puts us at about a 3 in reality right?

All in all we are just feeling really great. The baby is in the right position, he has made a comfy ottoman out of my ribs which he is thinking was pretty resourceful of him; as he uses it often. My energy levels leave something more to be desired-making me not so great company after about an hour. Our nursery is done and I must stay it is ADORABLE. One bonus to having a baby this "late" in life is that we have the resources for a darling nursery where many of my friends have told me they didn't. So that's been fun. I may or may not have already started the Baby's first scrapbook. I'm that addicted. And have created unrealistic dreams of mommy school, schedules, get in shape plans, and the future of my perfectly behaved little boy. I may be preparing myself for an eye opening experience come his arrival, but for now, just let me live in my dream world.

I am currently invoking the Think System (from the film The Music Man) to have this baby on June 29th. I figure if those boys can play the song "76 Trombones" on the Think System, I can have a baby. So-any additional Think System support is greatly appreciated. Not that I am unhappy being pregnant or things are too hard or anything, I am just so excited to have him in my arms and not on my bladder.

Here's to 4 more weeks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm just trying not to hate you for looking so much better than me and being a week ahead at the same time. ;) YOu look great and I love your expectations of being a mommy, you gotta start with them at least :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was Lorie...sorry I'm on another computer

MAEH said...

Kaylinn you look great!! So excited for you! Good luck!

michelle said...

Nearly wet myself reading this - and I don't have an adorable baby boy resting on my bladder. BOTH Morrelly Bellies gladdened my heart. I'm excited to see your nursery. This is one lucky little man. SO excited for you guys. (And it's been said multiple times, but you really do look fantastic!) You are workin' that Morrelly Belly!

Sara Warren said...

You look so adorable, Kaylinn! Pregnant suits you well, as will Mommyhood! So excited to hear about your new upcoming chapter!